Archive for July 24th, 2007

New Release Forthcoming, Blog Updates

Tuesday, July 24th, 2007

Recent events have gotten me off of my duff (but not my Duff!) and caused me to put some long-overdue work into the etree-scripts code.

The first is this thread on forums. I had fixed these problems in my own copy of Etree::InfoFile many moons ago, but never pushed the changes into Subversion or did any sort of bug-fix release.

Further down the thread, the same user also mentions a problem processing recordings for unknown dates. A couple of small twiddles, and I think I have a passable fix for this too.

Also, flacify had the annoying habit of creating the file ffp.txt even if some other file had FLAC fingerprints in it. I’ve fixed this.

All of these fixes are currently in the Subversion repository (see links to the right), so feel free to grab it from there to test. I plan to do an official release (eg. with a tarball, .exe and .deb) this week as well.

There is also the issue that the database that sat behind the old version of this page was long ago nuked by SourceForge as part of some long ago migration I never paid any attention to. Thankfully, there are static versions of all the old pages, but I don’t have the raw Textile markup I used to create the posts. So to this end, I’ve setup a new blog (WordPress this time) and will move any important “legacy” content over here as I find the time.